Bringing colorful amateur paintings to our nursing home residents. Each resident chooses a painting of their preference to hang in their personal space and receives a pen pal type greeting from an artist. The art program intent is to activate sensory development, stimulate resident conversations, and individualize and brighten each room.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Paint & Wine studios are sourcing the paintings with surplus instructor led examples and acting as repositories for the ‘bring backs’. Customers of the studio parties will be able to align with the nursing home program (3) ways: Opt to leave behind their art for the residents, return previous art from parties-gone-by from any store, or simply leave a PAINT PAL note for a resident while onsite (supplied).
Participating studios are:
• Pinot’s Palette- All locations Metro Area St. Louis
• Painting with a Twist- All locations Metro Area St. Louis
• Wine & Design- 10212 Watson Road
• The Art Cellar on Main- 205 Main St., St. Charles
• That Painting Spot – 12798 Olive Blvd.
• Cyan Art Studio- 5055 Hwy N, Cottleville
About the PAINT PAL PROGRAM
Social program created out of an observed opportunity to UPCYCLE the colorful paintings created on a fun night out for the highest good. The program is expecting a May 2016 launch servicing nursing homes as inventory expands.