Yahoo! India today announced the third edition of Yahoo! Big Idea Chair Awards India 2012. Entries are now invited from advertising and media agencies in India to showcase their very best work, across seven categories.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE / PRURGENT
New Delhi, October 03, 2012: Yahoo! India today announced the third edition of Yahoo! Big Idea Chair Awards India 2012. Entries are now invited from advertising and media agencies in India to showcase their very best work, across seven categories. Registration is free and is now open on the awards’ official site: https://bigideachair.in till October 12, 2012. The Awards will be announced at a gala event in November 2012.
Yahoo! Big Idea Chair Awards is a global initiative from Yahoo! recognising outstanding work in the online creative and media community, celebrating the power of creativity, innovation and imagination. Introduced in India in 2010, this industry award has recognized breakthrough digital innovations from advertising agencies for their India work on brands across creative, media, digital and social executions.
Announcing the event, Nitin Mathur, Senior Director & Head of Marketing, India & South-east Asia, Yahoo! said, “Online advertising has come a long way from an extension of offline marketing campaigns to becoming a powerful driver of brand engagement. Brands are now looking to explore the unique attributes Internet offers – innovation, flexibility, reach and relevance. India’s digital advertising canvas has witnessed a wide sweep of brilliant ideas and innovative execution. At Yahoo! Big Idea Chair Awards India, we are going to recognize some of the front-runners leading this transformation.”
Last year, a whopping 287 entries were submitted with participation from 80+ brands and 57 agencies. Continuing the trend of lauding truly exceptional creativity and innovation in online advertising, Big Idea Chair Awards India 2012 calls for entries across 8 categories:
1. Best Use of Display Advertising: This will evaluate most creative and innovative use of display advertising.
2. Best Online Video Advertising: On line video ads or series of videos created for the digital medium.
3. Best Use of Social Media: Innovative use of social media for brand advertising
4. Best Use of Technology: Innovative use of technology for digital advertising on the internet or mobile (includes technological innovations such Augmented Reality, applications, blufi, other tools).
5. Best Use of Mobile Advertising: Campaigns that use mobile as a medium for digital advertising to effectively communicate the brand message, engage consumers or meet a brand objective.
6. Best Use of Search: The award will recognize creative and innovative use of search in a campaign.
7. Yahoo! Big Idea Chair Award: This is the flagship award. This award recognizes advertising campaigns which combine a great idea with impact, relevance and creativity to create impactful digital advertising campaigns that drive and achieve the desired marketing objectives.
8. Digital 360: This award recognizes campaigns that strategically used digital as the core medium and implemented all digital channels including display, search, social, and mobile.
The entries will be judged by a panel of eminent leaders and professionals from diverse sectors within the marketing and advertising world.
For more information regarding Big Idea Chair, please visit https://bigideachair.in/index.php
Yahoo! is focused on creating deeply personal digital experiences that keep more than half a billion people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. Yahoo!’s unique combination of Science + Art + Scale connects advertisers to the consumers who build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the company's blog, Yodel Anecdotal (yodel.yahoo.com). Yahoo! is the trademark and/or registered trademark of Yahoo! Inc.