A new Zpryme INFOgraphic reveals that smart meter deployments are rapidly becoming a mainstay for the U.S. electric grid.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Austin, TX - (Zpryme) – 8/17/12 – A new Zpryme (www.zpryme.com) INFOgraphic, Top 10 ARRA Smart Grid Projects by Total Smart Meters Installed and Operational, released today reveals that smart meter deployments are rapidly becoming a mainstay for the U.S. electric grid. With FPL making up 27% of the top ten with more than 2.3 million smart meters the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act will continue to be the catalyst for overall U.S. Smart Grid overhaul.
Download the INFOgraphic at: www.smartgridresearch.org
Zpryme’s CEO and Director of Research Jason S. Rodriguez said, “This is a step in the right direction for U.S. With pure players and staples such as Silver Spring Networks, GE, Elster, and Itron helping invest in this nation’s future, 2013 will be a year of differentiation in brand perception and awareness. The ultimate question next year will be, how will smart meter companies strike a positive chord with both utilities and consumers?”
The Zpryme INFOgraphic reveals Top 10 ARRA Smart Grid Projects by Total Smart Meters Installed and Operational:
- Florida Power and Light Company (Energy Smart Florida) 2,359,736
- CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric, LLC (Smart Grid Project) 2,125,878
- NV Energy, Inc. (NV Energize) 902,272
- Detroit Edison Company (SmartCurrents) 625,468
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SmartSacramento) 617,502
- Central Maine Power Company (CMP Advanced Metering Infrastructure Project) 606,164
- Duke Energy Carolinas, LLC (Smart Grid Deployment) 487,819
- Salt River Project Agricultural Improvement and Power District (Advanced Data Acquisition and Management Program) 431,913
- Idaho Power Company (IPC Smart Grid Program) 380,928
- Pepco Holdings, Inc.-DC (Smart Grid Project) 257,224
Please Note: Total Top 10 ARRA Smart Grid Projects 8,794,904
About Zpryme Smart Grid Insights Practice:
Zpryme-powered Smart Grid Insight Practice (link) and Smart Grid Insights Advisory Board (link) help organizations understand their business environment, engage consumers, inspire innovation, and take action. These practices represent an evolution beyond traditional market research and consulting: combining sound fundamentals, innovative tools and methodologies, industry experience, and creative marketing savvy to supercharge clients’ success. At Zpryme, we don’t produce tables and charts; we deliver opportunity-focused, actionable insight that is both engaging and easy-to-digest. For more information, visit: www.zpryme.com.
About Zpryme Smart Grid Insights Publication:
Developed by Zpryme’s Smart Grid (link) and Electric Vehicle (link) Insight practices, Smart Grid Insights at www.smartgridresearch.org was created to give companies authoritative actionable insight to succeed in the Smart Grid and EV ecosystem. Contact us to learn more about our custom market research and advisory today. If your business would like to sponsor a future Smart Grid Insights report that targets decision-makers across the Smart Grid value chain, then please feel free to contact us.
www.smartgridresearch.org (Zpryme Smart Grid Insights)
Follow Zpryme on: Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin