Compare Broadband, one of Australia's foremost broadband comparison websites, has conducted new research into people's priorities when moving house
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Compare Broadband, one of Australia's foremost broadband comparison websites, has conducted new research into people's priorities when moving house. Many Australians consider fast and reliable internet connectivity to be essential when seeking to rent or buy a new home.
78 percent of those polled told Compare Broadband that they always factor in the speed of home internet broadband connection in a new property when thinking about moving house.
Sarah McDonald, spokesperson for Compare Broadband, says: "When they are moving house people often contact us with questions and queries about what the internet connectivity might be like where they are moving to.
"Speeds vary around the country and some places have very little broadband or ADSL at all as yet. By logging on to our site and reviewing the latest ISP packages from the likes of TPG and others people can find out what they need to know."
The National Broadband Network (NBN) is continuing to connect Australia to fast broadband, and comparison websites such as Compare Broadband can help people to review and choose the right internet package and provider for them.
Tips for house hunters
1. Don't take a place's reputation as a guarantee that it will offer fast broadband packages
2. Chat to local residents in your proposed new home town to find out more about ISPs and broadband connections
3. Contact Compare Broadband on 1300 764 000 or log on to the comparator's website for impartial advice
4. Remember that Greenfield sites which promise fibre optic connectivity can deliver up to 100Mbps broadband
5. Check out the NBN website for a map of which parts of the country offer what kind of broadband.
Would access to a fast, reliable broadband connection affect your decision to rent or buy a property? Yes - access to broadband is something I consider when looking for a property, 78% (234 votes). No - there are more important considerations, 21.33% (63 votes). Other, 0.67% (2 votes). Total Votes: 295
CompareBroadband.com.au is an Australian company providing a free, impartial comparison service and expert advice to consumers in relation to broadband plans from Australia’s leading Internet Service Providers.
For further information please contact:
Scott Kennedy, CEO, CompareBroadband.com.au.
Tel: (1300 764 000)