Hedge Funds Happy Hour (http://www.HFHappyHour.com), April 10, 2012, Will Bring Together a Who’s Who of the Alternative Investments World, for an Evening of Networking and Cocktails, at Café China, New York City
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE / PRURGENT
Hedge fund manager John Paulson lost more than half of the capital in one of his firm's biggest funds, according to Reuters; his Advantage Plus fund, which was the firm's worst performer through 2011, ended the year down roughly 52 percent. In 2010 that portfolio ended up 17 percent; adding insult to injury, his Advantage Fund, which is the unlevered version of the Advantage Plus Fund, dropped 36 percent after an 11 percent gain in 2010.
While 2011 was horrible for John Paulson, it was not for Kenneth Griffin, who runs hedge fund firm Citadel. Griffin who has had his share of heavy losses during the financial crisis, boasted double-digit returns with his Kensington and Wellington funds gaining 20.4 percent. Citadel's $1.5 billion high frequency trading fund surged 37.7 percent and the $2.0 billion global equities fund gained 21.4 percent.
What John Paulson can Learn from Citadel's Kenneth Griffin? Find out at Hedge Funds Happy Hour, http://www.HFHappyHour.com, the longest-running hedge funds networking in New York City, which will congregate Tuesday April 10th a who’s who of the alternative investments world for an evening of networking and cocktails. Managers, investors, quants, allocators, service providers and consultants will be back together for the world’s best networking in the alternative investments community.
Hedge Funds Happy Hour New York City is produced by Golden Networking (http://www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs and investors. Golden Networking has compiled the insights of top experts and industry practitioners and produced DVD Video Packages for its Leaders and Experts Forums, including:
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 DVD Video Package, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World", http://www.HFTLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop DVD Video Package, "Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies", http://www.HFTExpertsWorkshop.com
• 2nd China Leaders Forum DVD Video Package, "Is the Chinese Dragon Poised for Global Dominance or Economic Implosion?", http://www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• Distressed Investing Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Analyzing and Valuing Distressed Companies, Securities and Real Estate", http://www.DistressedInvestingExpertsForum.com
• Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Strategies for Increasing Profits under an Evolving Regulatory Framework", http://www.DerivativesLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond", http://www.HFTLeadersForum.com
• Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times", http://www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation", http://www.HFTExpertsForum.com
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
• China Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "Addressing the Challenges Posed by the Present Wave of Chinese Globalization", http://www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "The Most Comprehensive Guide for Any Investor in Distressed Assets", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact Golden Networking by sending an email to infogoldennetworking.net. Golden Networking has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The Wall Street Journal, "Happy Hour for High-Frequency Trading", The New York Times, "Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections", Los Angeles Times, "Speed-addicted traders dominate today's stock market", Reuters, "Revamp looms as trading experts huddle at SEC" and Columbia Business School's Hermes Alumni Magazine, "10 Under 10".