Ultimate Pet Websites, the premier designer of websites for the pet industry offers guidelines for pet rescue websites that can make all the difference.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
If you are an animal lover, running a pet rescue organization is one of the most fulfilling things you will ever do. Helping abused and neglected animals is certainly something you can be proud of, but because donations often go to the larger rescue organizations, you may be struggling with your business, barely being able to provide the needed care and food for rescued animals. If you are like most rescue organizations, the adoption fees donít even begin to cover the basic care you have provided for the animals, let alone any veterinarian expenses incurred. One excellent way to gain recognition for your organization and increase the amount of your donations is with a professionally designed animal rescue website. A company such as Ultimate Pet Websites is familiar with this type of organization and knows exactly what a site needs to get the attention of animal lovers.
What are the Important Aspects of a Rescue Organization Website?
1. Itís very important that your rescue organization site look professional. Without a professional looking website, viewers might mistakenly make the assumption that your organization is not real, or on the up and up. This can make viewers leery of giving donations. Ultimate Pet Websites can build your website and give it that truly professional look to let viewers know that your organization is in fact real.
2. The site should include contact numbers and office hours. Including a map with driving directions is important as well.
3. The site should be easy to navigate, even for those with little computer experience. Menus and submenus should be set up in an understandable, easy to read format.
4. A newsletter is important on an animal rescue site. Keep readers informed of the hard work youíre doing, the animals you have rescued, and the animals youíve been able to place in loving homes.
5. Pictures of the rescued animals are essential for your site. Let the viewers see the animals whose lives you have saved, and what animals are up for adoption. Animals that are currently up for adoption should have their own individual page. Tell a little bit about the animal, where it was rescued from, approximate age, social skills, etc. Every animal up for adoption deserves his or her own full page!
6. Slideshows and videos are excellent additions to a rescue website. Have a rotating slideshow of the rescued pets, along with videos of these beautiful animals that deserve a second chance at life.
7. A rescue site definitely needs a donation system, with a link for paying by credit cards and/or PayPal.
If your animal rescue organization is not gaining the recognition it deserves, and donations are few and far between, consider having a professional website designed and maintained by Ultimate Pet Websites. The initial cost will pay off as recognition and donations increase.