Peter van Kleef, Chief Executive Officer, Lakeview Arbitrage, will demonstrate the "Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies" at Golden Networking's High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop 2010, Hong Kong, November 22 & 23 and New York, December 9 & 10
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE / PRURGENT
Peter van Kleef, Chief Executive Officer of Lakeview Arbitrage, and author of "Algorithmic Trading", published by Wiley Finance, will offer the most practical approach to the development and application of high-frequency strategies at High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop 2010 (http://www.HFTExpertsWorkshop.com), "Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies", instructional and insightful 2-day workshop organized by Golden Networking in Hong Kong, November 22 & 23 and New York, December 9 & 10.
High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop 2010, "Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies", Mr. van Kleef says, will mostly educate people about the subject matter and dispel some of the myths surrounding the topic. "Also a main objective is to give people the necessary information to build a state of the art algorithmic operation from scratch and how to avoid the main pitfalls. To show people options with regards to strategies and systems. To get a thorough understanding of the subject and how to master the challenges when getting into the game. For people that are already active in the field, the courses should also give some food for thought on how to improve one's setup."
Mr. van Kleef's book, "Algorithmic Trading", was positively reviewed by the Financial Times: "This is the only book available on the subject. Most city and Wall Street firms and hedge funds are involved in algorithmic and statistical arbitrage trading. Algorithmic trading is a hot topic: about a quarter of equity trading is executed through using algorithms at various points, up fivefold in three years. This strong growth is set to continue over the coming years."
High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop 2010 is produced by GoldenNetworking.net (http://www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs, investors and diplomats, founded by former McKinsey consultant and Columbia Business School MBA Edgar Perez. Upcoming Golden Networking's Forums and Business Receptions include:
• 1st Finance Leaders Forum, "How the New Financial Legislation Will Impact You and Your Business" (http://www.financeleadersforum.com), November 4th, New York City
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour, (http://www.HFTHappyHour.com), November 9th, New York City
• 2nd Banking Leaders Forum, "Private Banking on the Brink of Transformational Change" (http://www.BankingLeadersForum.com), November 18th, New York City
• Global Energy Leaders Forum 2010, "Proposals and Solutions for Today's Global Energy Challenges" (http://www.GlobalEnergyLeadersForum.com), December 2nd, New York City
• 2nd Private Equity Leaders Forum, "Setting the Stage for Radical Transformation in 2011 and Beyond" (http://www.PrivateEquityLeadersForum.com), December 9th, New York City
Golden Networking has compiled the insights of top experts and industry practitioners and produced DVD Video Packages for its Leaders and Experts Forums, including:
• 2nd China Leaders Forum DVD Video Package, "Is the Chinese Dragon Poised for Global Dominance or Economic Implosion?", http://www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• Distressed Investing Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Analyzing and Valuing Distressed Companies, Securities and Real Estate", http://www.DistressedInvestingExpertsForum.com
• Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Strategies for Increasing Profits under an Evolving Regulatory Framework", http://www.DerivativesLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond", http://www.HFTLeadersForum.com
• Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times", http://www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation", http://www.HFTExpertsForum.com
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
• China Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "Addressing the Challenges Posed by the Present Wave of Chinese Globalization", http://www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "The Most Comprehensive Guide for Any Investor in Distressed Assets", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact Golden Networking by sending an email to infogoldennetworking.net.
Golden Networking has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The Wall Street Journal, "Happy Hour for High-Frequency Trading", The New York Times, "Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections", Los Angeles Times, "Speed-addicted traders dominate today's stock market", Reuters, "Revamp looms as trading experts huddle at SEC" and Columbia Business School's Hermes Alumni Magazine, "10 Under 10".